CLICK THE LOGO ABOVE TO VISIT THE "CRESCENT COVE" WEBSITE AND FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP THIS GREAT ORGANIZATION.
When BLUE MOO Ice Cream began, it was decided that BLUE MOO would give something back to the community. BLUE MOO Ice Cream would choose an organization and donate a portion of the profits, from the sale of a product that is sold on the BLUE MOO ice cream truck, to that particular group.
For 2022, BLUE MOO Ice Cream is once again going to help the kids and families of "Crescent Cove".
Who is Crescent Cove?
Crescent Cove opened a children’s respite and hospice home in fall 2017 on Twin Lakes in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. The home provides short, respite breaks for children with life-threatening conditions and their families,
and an option beyond the hospital or home environment for compassionate, end-of-life care.
Kids and young adults, 0-21 years old, can stay at Crescent Cove in one of six bedrooms for respite stays and, as needed, a sacred place at the end-of-life. Along with therapy rooms and recreational space, a family suite is available so that families may stay together while enjoying a temporary get-away from the constant demands of care giving. Nursing professionals, trained in pediatric palliative care, are on-site to provide daily care, meals, pain and symptom control, and Crescent Cove has a network of therapists to engage kids through music, art, or pet therapy, healing touch, spiritual care and hydrotherapy.
Did you know?
- Thousands of children and young adults in Minnesota have a life-threatening condition.
- Over 700 children die each year in Minnesota, nearly half of those children could potentially benefit from a children’s hospice home.
- In metro areas around the United States, there are over 4,700 hospice homes for adults, but only a handful that are being built and designed just for children and their unique needs.
- Only TWO dedicated respite and hospice centers for children exist in the entire United States; one in California and one in Arizona, with Crescent Cove being the third. Yet there are currently over 50 children’s hospice homes offering palliative care in the United Kingdom, several in Canada, two in Australia and many others around the world.
- Most children living with life-threatening conditions who require palliative care have difficulty accessing support, which can result in unnecessary pain and suffering and excruciating strains on families and communities.
Each time that you purchase a "Jonny Pops" frozen treat from BLUE MOO Ice Cream, a portion of the profits will be donated to "Crescent Cove".
It's a way we can all help "give back" in our community.
So when you see the BLUE MOO Ice Cream truck in your neighborhood or at an event, please consider purchasing a
"Jonny Pops" frozen novelty to help this wonderful organization.